Casco, Wisconsin

I brought my daughter to Shopko Optical the evening of 8 Jan.2011 for an eye exam and to see what they offered for eyeglasses.

A set of eyeglasses were selected and we were told that a week would be required for the eyeglasses to be produced. I returned home and made some telephone calls to other optical businesses and found that the same product could be purchased for $30 less. I called Shopko Optical the next morning and cancelled the eyeglasses. I returned to Shopko Optical on 18 Jan.

11 to purchase the glass frame off the display that my daughter liked and told Shopko Optical that I had cancelled the eyeglasses nearly immediately. I was disturbed that the eyeglasses were still an issue! I went to another optical product vender on 20 Jan. 2011, only to find out that Shopko Optical had fraudulently billed the insurance for eyeglasses and used all the benefit.

THIS IS THEFT AND FRAUD BY SHOPKO OPTICAL! These criminals billed the insurance immediately, took $124.00 out of my account, without the sale of a product. There is no excuse for this behavior.

I will be making a complaint to the police department later today and take other actions.DO NOT SHOP AT SHOPKO OR THEIR OPTICAL DEPARTMENT!

Review about: Shopko Optical Eye Exam.

Had an Experience with Shopko Optical?

Comments

Appleton, Wisconsin, United States #905130

I have always received excellent care and glasses from the Appleton, WI Shopko. The opticians are so helpful and prices are affordable!

I'm thinking of going to Shopko for my next glasses because complaints like this are ridiculous.In the past I got my glasses from a Dr.

at a clinic.They were very good, but I can't afford that kind of expenditure.

Lady you always pay for glasses firs at any store. There was no fraud committed. The end.

All I'm going to say is that it's not worth to try to help you realize who's at fault.

Also....

Sorry that you're feeling infuriated. I'm positive that the issue will be resolved quickly.

READ the complaint!I DID NOT PICK UP THESE GLASSES NOR HAVE A CHANCE TO EXAMINE THE MERCHANDISE AS ALLOWED BY LAW.

PAYMENT FOR A PRODUCT HAPPENS UPON IT'S RECEIPT, DUMBASSES. IT IS NO DIFFERENT WHETHER INSURANCE IS THE PAYMENT MECHANISM OR NOT!!! THESE LOWLIFES STOLE MONEY FROM THAT ACCOUNT AND THEREBY DISALLOWED OTHER OBJECTIVE CHECKING AT OTHER STORES. Wake the *** up yourselves!

You must be mindless corporate TOOLS, jerking yourselves off!!!!Oh, but have a NICE DAY and lisen to some ocean sounds and your therapist!!!

You need to calm down and take a step back and look at yourself and Shopko as a third person.Fact 1, you purchased the glasses...

DONE. Fact 2, you went home and THEN did a price search (something all SMART shoppers do BEFORE big purchases).

Fact 3, you called the NEXT day, allowing the purchase to be completed the previous day.

From your very own statement, this is not fraud.Sorry to be a little harsh earlier, but in all honesty, if you just take a breath and calm down (and I'll play ocean or rain forest sounds for you to calm down), you will realize that the majority of the fault rests on your shoulders.

They are neither criminals nor committing theft or fraud. You are a ***.