2.3
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Update by user Jun 20, 2016

Monday came and before i could even call in to Shopko i received a call from the manager in reply to my email i had sent.He apologized several times.

Basically this all boils down to poor customer service from the same girl that had been answering my calls.

Not only are they sending me a new pair but they worked with their manufacturer to have them made in 1 day. Not only that but they sending them for next day delivery. I have to be honest after what i started to go through i was not expecting such good service. I would have been fine with a simple sorry and we will have a new pair send out.

I would have waited another 14 days. Like i stated before i am not unreasonable. Stuff happens every day like this and its expected. Its just how it gets handled.

The manager of the Onalaska WI location went above and beyond my expectations. I will continue to go here in the future i just wont be having them ship anything to me. I hope the girl at the counter learns something from this. I will leave this complain open until i receive my package.

Just in case they are not what i had originally ordered.

I just checked and they are scheduled to be delivered by 4pm tomorrow.Yes thats right he even gave me a tracking number :)

Update by user Jun 18, 2016

I called my insurance company who informed me i did in fact have plenty of options to help me handle this company. They just ask that i contact the manager of the optical center first to give them a chance to resolve my issue. I will do this first thing Monday morning and report my findings here for all to read.

Original review posted by user Jun 18, 2016

From: Me

Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:42 PM

To: service.eyecare@shopko.com

Subject: Customer complaint

On 5/21/16 I came in for my eye exam. Store 0099 in Onalaska WI. I had picked out and paid for a rather expensive pair of glasses that same day before I left. I told the woman that I travel a lot for work and asked if they could be shipped to my home so I could have my wife overnight them to me where ever I happen to be. She said they could ship them to my home. I asked her about how long the glasses would take to come in and she said about 14 days. She confirmed my shipping address right in front of me and then I paid for the bill in full before leaving.

18 days later on 6/8/16 I called for a status update as I happen to be home. If they were there I was just going to go pick them up. The woman on the phone took my name and put me on a brief hold then came back and said yes they are in. I reminded her I originally told them to ship them and if she was absolutely sure they were still in the store I would drive up and get them. She put me on hold again and when she came back she said they did come in and where shipped out to me the day before which was on 6/7/16. She said it would probably take a couple days.

I waited 6 more days and then around 4pm on 6/14/16 I called back because I had still not gotten anything. I asked if she could confirm my address once again and it was correct. I asked how they were sent out and she said they use Fedex. I asked her if she could supply me with some form of tracking information or look it up herself. She put me on a brief hold then came back and said unfortunately they do not utilize tracking for their packages. I told her I would give it a couple more days which brings me to today 6/16/16 I still have not received my glasses in the mail. And might I remind you I only live 30 minutes from this shopko location. There is no reason even if you send a package standard mail that I would not have gotten it by now.

I have $145.00 invested in these glasses. It may not be a lot of money to some people but I don’t just have that sort of money to throw around. I need my glasses to drive and my old pair are just barely holding together. I want to know how shopko eyecare can resolve my issue. I find it a bit ridiculous that my package isn’t being tracked and she didn’t seem too concerned that I haven’t received them yet even after I told her how close i actually live to the store and there is no reason for fedex to have taken this long when I could have shipped a package through the postal service faster.

I don’t want to come off sounding like a *** or anything. I realize things happen sometimes and I am not unreasonable but I really do need my glasses or a refund so I can order another pair. The only other problem is that my insurance covered some of the cost and I am only allowed one pair every year I believe. So even a refund for me to order another pair will cost me even more money because I do not have my insurance to help cover.

Please help,

From: Me

Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 9:46 AM

To: service.eyecare@shopko.com

Subject: RE: Customer complaint

It’s now been 4 days since I last called to report my glasses have not shown up. I just called my local store again and advised them that I have still not received my glasses. Again giving the woman the whole story. All she would say was that they mailed them to me and I would get them and to just wait a few more days. I said that’s the problem what is the next step because there is no reason I have not gotten them already as I have been told twice now to wait a few days. Each time I mind you I have given more than just a couple days. So I have been patient up until this point. I told her I was going to call my insurance company and then my credit card company. She told me not to call my insurance company because they can’t do anything about it. I said well they like me paid for service and I am sure they can request that payment be refunded. She again told me not to call my insurance company and instead give it a few more days and then call back and ask to speak to the manager.

I am beyond frustrated at this point. This is extremely poor customer service. I have been completely satisfied for years taking my family of 4 here. They have always been so professional until now. I will give someone until 6/20/16 to respond to my complaint. Then I am going to call my insurance company. Followed with my credit card company and begin the steps to report this as fraud. I will then follow up by filing a complaint with the Better business bureau of Wisconsin.

This reviewer shared experience about problem with delivery and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $145. omegasballs is overall dissatisfied with Shopko Optical and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about shopko optical shipping service at Shopko Optical was poor customer service, only professional is the doctor in back and no tracking of packages Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Shopko Optical.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Eye and Ear Care category for more informed decision or compare Shopko Optical to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Shopko Optical?

Comments