Friendly at first, but when i brought an issue to their attention that changed quickly.I'm not quite certain if this is standard, but they charged for a contact lens comprehensive exam with fitting in addition to the norm eye exam.

I thought this was unusual when i looked at the receipt and noticed it -so i contacted my insurance. They verified this and stated there is a zero copay. Shopko didn't charge me the copay, they charged me the full price. To top it off, i don't wear contacts.

The Dr. told me contacts wouldn't be a good option for me nor did he give me any trial lens. I certainly hope that this isn't a standard practice to include an additional exam for everyone that isn't a candidate for contact lens. I asked them to price out some the prescription eye glasses.

I chose inexpensive frames that were $89. My insurance covers the frames at 100%. After the subtotal(including lens and necessary options), i was told my portion would be over $300. That included insurance.

I went elsewhere and paid less than half of that price.

Obviously there is some seriously up-charging here.I'll pass thank you!

Had an Experience with Shopko Optical?

Comments

Shopko Optical - Paid for glasses and they never shipped them to me. Worst place to go for service and eye care products Shopko Optical "From: Me Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:42 PM To: service.eyecare@shopko.com Subject: Customer complaint On 5/21/16 I came in for my eye exam. Store 0099 in Onalaska WI. I had picked out..." Read more Cohens Fashion Optical - Fraudulent Refund Policy and No Prescription AGAIN Cohens Fashion Optical "WARNINGS & ILLEGAL PRACTICES! 1. All of Cohen's Fashion Optical stores DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS. Once you provide them w/ payment, you cannot get your money back. 2. This particular..." Read more Hakim Optical - Disaster Hakim Optical "Went in the store expecting to find a huge selection of glasses, and you do, but the prescription/ sunglasses are everywhere on the shelves, tables its such a mess. You..." Read more GlassesUSA - Glasses broke within 90 days GlassesUSA "Had ordered the glasses and wear them everyday. I am an office type person and not exposed to a lot of harsh environments or tasks that could possibly damage my..." Read more Fine Trade's Charged $89-$200+ Shipping for $11 Product! Fine Trade "Fine Trade on Amazon's site charged me $89 shipping on a product that clearly stated Free Shipping! Taking advantage of Amazon's One-Click program, Fine Trade has set up many of..." Read more Gekks - Nonexistent Customer Service Gekks "I ordered from this company in May. 10 days later, my liners were shipped. I installed them in my shoes and wore them for a few weeks. After about 3..." Read more Aliexpress - Customer service is horrible. Aliexpress "I ordered Par 56 led swimming pool lights. They started leaking within a few days of installation. The seller warranty is for 2 years. The seller does not respond to..." Read more Safeco Insurance - Safeco Claims the WORST EVER Safeco Insurance "On July 11th, 2017 we noticed that our hardwood floor in our kitchen and hall had erupted due to a water leak at the refrigerator. The continuous hardwood floor consists..." Read more