Friendly at first, but when i brought an issue to their attention that changed quickly.I'm not quite certain if this is standard, but they charged for a contact lens comprehensive exam with fitting in addition to the norm eye exam.

I thought this was unusual when i looked at the receipt and noticed it -so i contacted my insurance. They verified this and stated there is a zero copay. Shopko didn't charge me the copay, they charged me the full price. To top it off, i don't wear contacts.

The Dr. told me contacts wouldn't be a good option for me nor did he give me any trial lens. I certainly hope that this isn't a standard practice to include an additional exam for everyone that isn't a candidate for contact lens. I asked them to price out some the prescription eye glasses.

I chose inexpensive frames that were $89. My insurance covers the frames at 100%. After the subtotal(including lens and necessary options), i was told my portion would be over $300. That included insurance.

I went elsewhere and paid less than half of that price.

Obviously there is some seriously up-charging here.I'll pass thank you!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Shopko Optical?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion